20 May Welcome to National Smile Month!
At HAB Dental in Boynton Beach and Boca Raton, we never have a hard time finding something to smile about. We smile every time one of our clients walks through the door of our Boynton Beach dental office or visits our dentist’s office in Boca Raton.
But now we have even more reason to flash our pearly whites! It’s National Smile Month!
From May 17 through June 17, the Oral Health Foundation will be on a mission to raise awareness of the importance of having a healthy smile.
A healthy smile is good for your physical health and mental wellbeing as well as your oral health.
Top tips from the Oral Health Foundation:
- To have a healthy smile, you need to get rid of the plaque that builds up on your teeth. The best way to do that is to brush with a fluoride toothpaste for two minutes twice a day.
Bonus! Make sure one of those two times is at night, right before you go to bed.
- Be sure to floss daily to clean between teeth.
Bonus! Floss before you brush for the best results.
- Remember that fluoride is your friend. In fact, as the experts at the Oral Health Foundation point out, “Fluoride is the most important ingredient in toothpaste. It greatly helps oral health by strengthening the tooth enamel, making it more resistant to tooth decay.” To get the most benefits, they recommend that you refrain from rinsing your teeth after brushing.
Bonus! Get an extra dose of protection by using a fluoride mouthwash.
- Avoid sugary snacks and drinks.
Bonus! Try to maintain a healthy balanced diet and avoid skipping meals, which will make you more likely to snack.
- Be sure to see your dentist regularly.
Bonus! Make an appointment to see Boynton Beach dentist Dr. Rosemary Baghdassarian, who also has a dental office in Boca Raton. Contact us for more information or to schedule your visit.