20 Dec Take a Bite Out of Holiday Calories
It’s the holiday season, and we all know what that means… lots (and lots!) of extra calories! Do’t worry, we aren’t going to tell you to skip the treats. Everyone at HAB Dental in Boynton Beach – as well as Dr. Rosemary Baghdassarian and our Boca Raton dental staff – has a favorite cookie or sweet that they associate with the holiday season and we aren’t about to give them up.
The good news is that, even if you are looking for healthier options for your family this year (or if you are making cookies for Santa and really think he could afford to lose a few pounds), there are lots of options for you to consider.
Brenda Bennett, the blogger behind Sugar-Free Mom, shared some of her cookie recipes with Parade.
Here is one of our favorites:
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Calories 112 kcal
Author Brenda Bennett | Sugar Free Mom
- 8 tbsp Ghee or use butter if not paleo
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour 150 grams
- 1 cup pecans 120 grams, chopped
- 1/2 cup Swerve Confectioners Sweetener 78 grams
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla liquid stevia
- 1/4 tsp salt
- extra confectioners to roll balls in
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place all ingredients into food processor and process until batter forms a ball. Pulse if needed.
- Taste batter; adjust sweetener if needed.
- Line a baking sheet with silpat or parchment.
- Use a cookie scoop and make 24 mounds.
- Roll each mound in the palm of your hand.
- Place in freezer for 20-30 minutes.
- Place in oven for 15 minutes or until golden around edges.
- Allow to cool slightly.
- Once able to handle roll each in some confectioners sweetener.
- Allow to cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
Best wishes for a happy and healthy holiday season from Boynton Beach dentist Dr. Rosemary Baghdassarian and everyone at HAB Dental of Boca Raton and Boynton Beach.