02 Apr Do You Have Bad Breath Even After Brushing Your Teeth?
The team at H.A.B. Dental in Boynton Beach and Boca Raton knows that the idea of bad breath can cause anxiety in some people. Sometimes you just can’t get rid of bad breath even when you are practicing good mouth hygiene. Don’t worry, Boynton Beach dentist Dr. Rosemary Baghdassarian, who also has a dental office in Boca Raton, can help.
Bad breath has many causes. In most cases, the issue is in your mouth. But there are times when you have to look elsewhere to find that problem.
The Reasons for Bad Breath
The experts at Healthline explain that brushing your teeth prevents buildup of bacteria on your teeth and gums that comes from decaying food components. These bacteria generate sulfur compounds that lead to bad breath. Brushing of course helps, but it may not always be enough.
Healthline lists possible causes of this problem:
- Dry mouth
- Postnasal drip
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Diabetes, kidney disease, peptic ulcers and other health conditions
- Foods like onions and garlic
Healthline’s experts suggest remedies for your bad breath that are easy to follow. Here are some of them:
- Brush your teeth twice a day and floss daily (but you’re already doing that, right?).
- Cut back on sugar and try stick to a healthy diet.
- Rinse your mouth with baking soda.
- Drink more water.
- Drink pineapple juice.
- Chew fennel seeds.
- And, of course, the best way to nip bad breath in the bud is to visit your favorite dentist in Boynton Beach or your Boca Raton dentist regularly!
Both pineapple juice and fennel seeds are surprising solutions for breath problems, but if you have tried everything else, these home remedies might be worth a try.
If nothing helps, maybe it’s time to pay a visit to your dentist. Your dentist can help you identify issues like gum disease or mouth dryness and suggest the best treatment like deep cleaning, diet changes or medications.
Top dentists in Boynton Beach and Boca Raton like Dr. Rosemary have experience in treatment and prevention of dental problems, including bad breath. Having healthy teeth and fresh breath will boost your self-esteem and lifestyle, so contact H.A.B. Dental in Boynton Beach or Boca Raton any time to schedule your visit.